|Photo from Huffington Post|
2. Make a pile for any items that need repair or cleaning. Don't put them back in the closet until they are ready to wear!!
3. There are many ways to organize your closet and lots of do-it-yourself kits to help you accomplish it. Personally, I organize my clothes by pants, skirts, jackets, dresses, etc. and then by color. But, pick a method that works best for you. Hang suit pieces separately.
4. The next step will require some time. You will probably need to make this an ongoing project. Take each item (pants, skirt, etc.) one at a time from your closet and try to make as many outfits from it as possible using the clothes you now have in the closet. You should be able to make at least 3-4 outfits from each item. Keep a detailed record of the items used to make the outfit, including accessories or take photos. This will become a wonderful reference guide when you don't know what to wear.
5. Make a list for future purchases of anything you need to complete an outfit.
6. Learn from your mistakes. Figure out why you don't wear the items that didn't make it back into the closet. Is it the size, color, style, personality of the item, or nothing to wear with it?
These are just a few suggestions to get you started. Working with less clothes is much easier and you will be surprised how many different outfits you can create. Just use your imagination and scan magazines and the net for inspiration. It's not as hard as it looks; JUST DO IT!!