Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Look Great for Less

As I have mentioned before, almost every outfit I wear includes something thrifted.  The other day, as I was heading out, I threw on a thrifted skirt ($4.59 at Goodwill), a tee, and flip flops.  The temperature was 101!  I wasn't too concerned about my looks.  I mentioned to my husband that I often got compliments on my skirt.  He looked at me kind of strange.  As you can see below, it's nothing special.  I've had it for years.  It can be worn year around with sandals in the summer and a sweater and boots in the winter.  Well, that morning as we were shopping, I got three compliments on the skirt.  My husband turned to me and said, "You weren't kidding; people REALLY like that skirt!"  Then as we got in the car a lady yelled from across the street, "I love your purse!"   It's also thrifted.  The point is...you can look great for less.

     

 

1 comment: