Thursday, February 24, 2011

Red Carpet Premiere of The Grace Card

It's finally here!!!  It's been a year and a half since I worked as the Costume Designer for the film, The Grace Card, which opens tomorrow Friday, February 25 in theaters nationwide. Check http://www.thegracecardmovie.com/ for locations.  Tuesday night was the Red Carpet Premiere in Memphis, Tennessee at the historic Orpheum Theater followed by a reception at the National Civil Rights Museum.  It was a lovely event.  The movie is WONDERFUL...very touching and uplifting.  It addresses racial reconciliation and highlights the healing power of forgiveness.  This is a "must see" film!  Call ahead; some showtimes are already sold out.  Here are a few photos from the Premiere...


The Grace Card on the marquee of the Orpheum!

Inside the Orpheum with about 1200 invited guests

David and Esther Evans - Executive Producers/Director

 Joy Moore and Michael Joiner
He plays the racist cop and she's the longsufferng wife 

Crew On the Red Carpet
Me - Costume Designer ...Leslie (r) and Erin Milne - Hair
I'll post a better photo of my dress later.



Question and Answer time with the Evans and Cast



Downtown Trolley - Transportation from the Orpheum to the Museum




National Civil Rights Museum - Reception Location
Don't forget my giveaway from DownEast Basics. Leave me a comment on my previous post. 

2 comments:

À LA MODEST said...

I did think of you right when the movie came out at AMC! Congratulations! I have not seen it yet, but I will definitely check it out and spread your post around :)

I'm glad this film came out in major theaters.

Lisa said...

Rachel, thanks so much for your support of The Grace Card and for spreading the word about it! The movie has received some very nice reviews for which we are really grateful. You will love it...better take some kleenex.